Colorado’s International Projects subcommittees wish to share with you information about the projects we support and the many ways in which we can and do serve women.
P.E.O. (Philanthropic Educational Organization) is passionate about its mission: promoting educational opportunities for women. Our sisterhood proudly makes a difference in women’s lives with six philanthropies that include Cottey College, an independent, liberal arts and sciences college for women, and five programs that provide higher educational assistance: P.E.O. Educational Loan Fund, P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship Fund, P.E.O. Program for Continuing Education, P.E.O. Scholar Awards and P.E.O. STAR Scholarship. P.E.O. is headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa.
To learn more, go to the P.E.O. International website or get in touch with a member of a state committee.
Educational Loan Fund (ELF)
This is a revolving loan fund established in 1907 to lend money to qualified women students to assist them in securing a higher education.
International Peace Scholarships (IPS) Fund
The Fund was established in 1949 to provide scholarships for international women students to pursue graduate study in the United States and Canada.
Program for Continuing Education (PCE)
PCE was established in 1973 to provide need-based grants to women in the United States and Canada whose education has been interrupted and who find it necessary to return to school to support themselves and/or their families.
Scholar Awards (PSA)
This was established in 1991 to provide substantial merit-based awards for women of the United States and Canada who are pursuing a doctoral level degree at an accredited college or university.
This scholarship was established in 2009 to provide scholarships for exceptional high school senior women to attend an accredited postsecondary educational institution in the United States or Canada in the next academic year.
Cottey College is an independent, liberal arts and sciences college for women. Located in Nevada, Missouri, it has been owned and supported by the P.E.O. Sisterhood since 1927.